Job Opportunity: Operations Supervisor
17401 N. Newport Road Mead, WA 99021 (509) 466-0550 www.whitworthwater.com
Salary: $70,000 – $95,000 Dependent on Qualifications and Experience
Organization Overview: The Whitworth Water District is a State of Washington Title 57 water district that provides potable water service to domestic and commercial customers in the North Spokane area. Headquartered in Spokane County, the District’s service area extends from the City of Spokane north to the community of Chattaroy. Whitworth Water District has 9,600 active service connections that provide water service to approximately 30,000 customers in a roughly 60 square-mile area. The District operates 300 miles of pipe delivering water from 16 wells, 13 reservoirs, 15 booster stations, and 6 pressures zones. The District is operated by 16 employees and is led by the General Manager and a five-member Board of Commissioners.
Whitworth Water District is seeking to fill the position of Operations Supervisor. The Operations Supervisor will perform supervisory work directing the Operations Department’s crew in municipal water system maintenance and repair, construction of taps, meter installation, and troubleshooting. Duties are heavy in nature and often performed under adverse weather conditions; requiring maximum attention to detail in order to prevent errors and injury. The candidate must demonstrate considerable knowledge in the field of water utility management including the functions and maintenance of equipment. The selected candidate will have extensive contact with other District employees and the general public and serve in a leadership role to the Operations Department’s field employees. Employee is required to be on call during non-working hours and may be called upon at any time in the case of an emergency. Duties are varied and require independent decision-making skills and experience in developing policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment, as well as comply with the various State and Federal regulatory laws and requirements of public water systems. The selected candidate will report to the District Superintendent and ultimately the District’s General Manager.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in water maintenance and operation procedures, laws, and regulatory requirements in the State Washington Job Opportunity: Operations Supervisor – Continued
- Washington State Water Distribution Manager II Certification, or equivalent out of state certificate (within two years of hire)
- Cross Connection Specialist Certification (within one year of hire)
- A current and valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and satisfactory driving record to operate District vehicles.
- Five years demonstrated experience in employee supervision
- Proven project management and successful implementation
- Broad experience in heavy equipment operating, maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of various waterworks construction methods, materials, and equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot various mechanical issues, as it relates to waterworks and equipment
- Possess computer competency skills including working in a digital environment
- Strong communications skills and history in adequately handling complex situations
- Ability to provide training in a variety of subjects including safety in the field and workplace
- Ability to learn quickly and apply policies, rules, regulations and procedures of the District to a variety of work-related situations
How to Apply:
Please go to www.whitworthwater.com/employment-opportunities/ to view the entire job description including qualification requirements and to download application materials. The following constitutes a complete application package in the following order:
- Letter of Interest
- Completion of the District’s Application for Employment
Complete application packages must be emailed to Tom McInerney at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to: Whitworth Water District – Attention Human Resources, 17401 N Newport Rd. Mead, WA 99021.
First Internal Review of Applicants Scheduled for Wednesday March 13, 2019. Position Open Until Filled.